What I did on my summer vacation....

Monday, September 6, 2010
Hi Everyone!

We are back from Rome. I have tons to show you... hope you don't get bored. I know haven't blogged for a while so I thought I would show you what I have been sewing... then some pictures from Italy...

Here are the projects in no particular order:

Dresdens (20 of them... possible for a quilt for my bed)

I had some fat quarters of Verna leftover from another project and made these strippy blocks...gotta get them sewn together.



Here is the last Jelly Roll block.



I sewed some hexagons on my trip (this is just a few of them):



We don't celebrate Halloween (really) but I fell in love with this line of fabric called Moondancers. The witches crack me up. So I thought I would make a few kitchen odds and ends for my etsy shop and family.

This is a tablerunner:


These are going to be pot holders:





I am making a bed quilt for myself from Fandango... this will be the first time I have made myself a quilt for my bed. So far I love it... these are half of the blocks.



Last but not least the Pat Sloan quilt along with Old Red Barn Co on flickr (left over Mill House Inn... I decided I couldn't buy any new fabric for this quilt along):



Thus concludes the sewing portion of our program....

ROME

It was hard to decide what pictures to show of Italy these are just a few of the over 600 we took (don't forget you can click the pictures to see them larger):

This is the villa where we stayed, Roman Villa Silj.


My husband, son, daughter and I inside the Colosseum.


Inside the Colosseum looking down into the animal/people cages.

The Trevi fountain.


The kids at Pompeii (I know you can't tell where they are I just like the picture):



The dog the day after we got back... wanting all of the attention:


Let me know if you want to see more pictures of Italy I didn't want to overwhelm...

Talk soon...
2 comments on "What I did on my summer vacation...."
  1. I would love to see more pictures of Italy! How great to take a fantastic vacation with your whole family. I will travel there vicariously through your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see more! It all looks fabulous. Quilty stuff looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature