It's my birthday....

Tuesday, November 26, 2013
So in trying to answer the age old question (what do you want for your birthday?) these last couple weeks, I discovered that I am more acquisitive than I ever thought myself to be. I used to want things a lot, before I was satisfied by the one true thing that can satisfy (yes, I am talking about Jesus). So it has been a long time since I have really wanted a thing. I need things sometimes then I have squeak open the pocket book and buy them, but I rarely say "Oh, I wish I could have..." So I was quite surprised with myself when I started obsessing over a handbag of all things. Especially since I swore years ago that I would never spend more than $20 on a purse or shoes... my poor feet are paying the price now. I also make my own purses (which with the cost of fabric and interfacings cost way more than $20) so why all of a sudden am I obsessing over this:

Michael Kors Hamilton Tote. Ack! Luckily I can't find anywhere that the red one isn't sold out so I am safe. Please do not, I say not, send me links to where it is available. Thank you so much!

Off to work... for my birthday!

Update:
Just got my Birthday Pressie... wanna see?


Box color is right!


Ack! I have never had real perfume before. Yay! Chanel! He listened!
Real Parfum I have never had the real stuff before... and Chanel of all things... I am so lucky! Oh my gosh it smells so good! Goes great with my bunny slippers and robe LOL
44 comments on "It's my birthday...."
  1. Happy Birthday, Julie! That is a darling bag ... I secretly hope someone finds a red one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Have a great day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag...oh that beautiful, beautiful Michael Kors bag. That bag is on my wish list too. I had originally thought I wanted it in silver, but now that I've seen the red. Oh.My. I too hope someone finds a red one for you! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy birthday to you. Stunning bag, hope one makes it's way to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Julie. Perfume is such a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Lucky you - perfume is such a lovely luxury! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, you're so cute! I love that you found the best gift of all! Happy Birthday to you!

    And may your year be full of His blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Happy Birthday to you!
    I haven't worn real perfume in ages, lol.
    What a nice treat for your birthday, sometimes it is nice to be spoiled with something lavish;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I won't say where you might find it, but I will say that zappos has free shipping. You know, just sayin'.
    And you deserve a treat with your parfum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Have a great day! I am trying not to want fabric. It is so hard. I keep thinking, The Lord is my shepherd I shall not WANT. It doesn't always work but I continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyeux Anniversaire Julie! Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! I think it's wonderful to be caught in a quandary about what you want. It's probably a sign that you are fulfilled in who and what you are. Not a bad thing to be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great day that is filled with everything red. Lots of Love Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday, Julie. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Julie. You are a class act indeed with your Chanel and your bunny slippers and robe. The vision makes me smile. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, Happy Birthday!!! Wish I were there to give you a hug! :-) You are so cute: I loved what you said in your post (hee! hee! the bunny slippers and robe!):-D Have a wonderful day!!! And you REALLY ARE a class act, no matter what you think!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday,have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many happy returns beautiful smelling lady ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Julie,
    Happy birthday to you

    Hope you have a fab day and that it all comes out smelling of roses :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! I think you should buy the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julie, just had to comment on the link for the bag...not only does it describe the bag but also a pair of shoes, a watch and a pair of glasses (possibly sunglasses)! Wouldn't it be awesome if all of those things were included? Just thought you'd enjoy the chuckle...Hope your birthday is a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is my daughters birthday also today. Hope you have had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday!
    My grandson is 6 years today.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday, Julie! Hope you find your red bag : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday Julie. I hope you find your bag

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy birthday, Julie!

    And pleeeeaaaaase buy yourself some good shoes!
    You ate up all day, your feed deserve some good support.

    I really like the red bag.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy birthday! Enjoy your gift. I bet it smells wonderful!

    Sandy A

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Birthday! That is a fantastic MK tote.
    Happy Thanksgiving, too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday!! So true, if you have Jesus what more DO you need??

    The bag is LOVELY and so is the perfume box. I've never smelled that scent but I LOVE the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Happy Birthday Julie - and it is a gorgeous bag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. My birthday was the 25th, so Happy Birthday to you! The red handbag is beautiful, it might be hard to not look for a site that has it available! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy birthday! Have a fantastic day! xx my favorite present from my hubby ....

    ReplyDelete
  35. I hope you had a terrific day! I to too have always had a thing for not spending a ton on purses but I've been eying a Coach one now for a little while and if it goes on sale, I just might splurge.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature