Pixie Summer Home Quilt Along

Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Hey Everyone,

My friends Brooke, Sally, and I have teamed up to bring you a fun summer quilt along. We are making houses in some fun new fabrics. There will be 4 free block tutorials and each of us will be putting the blocks together in different ways to make our quilts. We will have linky parties for everyone to show their progress and prizes along the way too. Without further ado....

Here is a digital representation of what my quilt will look like. It is a large lap size at 51" by 63" and I will be making it out of Garland by Cotton + Steel. I have created kits if you want to make one like this or the other one shown below.

Here are our full guidelines (Thanks to Sally)

The Pixie Summer Home Quilt Along

General Information:

For the next 12 weeks, we will be creating an awesome new quilt together. We will have two week assignments AND three different examples to help you choose how you will create your very own Pixie Summer Home Quilt.

Every two weeks, we will post a new block tutorial (created by Julie Dueck of the Intrepid Thread) from which you can create a series of blocks to use in your very own setting of the quilt. With the block tutorial we will post a linky party for you to show off your progress. After four block tutorials and linky parties, we will post suggestions of how to finish your quilt top, and then the last post will be about quilting your quilt, both with linky parties for you to join in with us.

Each of us will be posting giveaways with the block postings, and we will have a Midway prize and an ending Grand Prize. Each post in the linky party earns you an entry for these two prizes!! 

Our main goal with this Quilt Along is to sew together. We know that sewing is an awesome experience, but it is made even sweeter and amazing when we sew together!

Guidelines:
June 8th - Introduction, Information, and Guidelines
August 31st - Quilting and Binding your Quilt (on Sally's blog because I was in surgery)

Each week, you will:
1. ...follow the instructions on our post.
2. ...create a piece of your quilt.
3. ...post your progress on the linky party.
4. ... Julie adds :) tag us on IG with your progress #pixiesummerhomeQAL

Here are our first week's instructions:

1. You have two weeks to choose your fabrics. 
Fabric Requirements:
1 -  40-pc Layer Cake (make sure it is a full 40-pc layer cake)
    or a 20 Fat Eighth pack, 10 fqs, or large scraps.
+ 3 yds for background fabric (for a lap sized quilt)

2. You also have two weeks to decide on your quilt design. Here is my non-Christmas version... it uses a little bit of each of the new Cotton + Steel collections that are coming this month.



You can make as many of each blocks as you want and put them in any order you want. You can recreate one of the patterns we have done. Email one of us if you need any help or have any questions.

3. When you have chosen your fabrics and picked your quilt design OR you've just decided you want to join in, link up so we can connect with you. Remember, it's about sewing together! 

We're excited to join with you to create a fun new SUMMER HOME this summer with you!

OOps almost forgot to add the QAL Button




28 comments on "Pixie Summer Home Quilt Along "
  1. This sounds - and looks! - like too much fun to miss! Thanks for planning such a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love house blocks!! I am in for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I am a beginner, just one quilt almost done-hope to try this one-looking forward to it! Thanks Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ! Thanks ! I'm making this too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im in. Fabric chosen except for background....thanks, Jamie , for suggesting. This will make a darling quilt for my Ronald McDonald House charity quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a blog but I'm in. A Christmas version sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like lots of fun. I am in the process of moving but still would like to try it. I plan on using scraps for the houses.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful!!! What fun! Please count me in. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love houses and stasrs but I´m off.I will follow your progress.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this would look great with a dark blue background. I would like to do it with lots of star blocks, a few tree blocks, and just a couple houses, all out of scraps, but I don't think I have enough blues for the background. And I can't spend any more money because I just spent 140$ for my fabrics for HQM's New QAL! ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fun and I have a great layer cake to use. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot! Looking forward to this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to play along! I'm not sure how to link up. 🤔 Can't wait to see the gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a fairly new quilter and would like to participate how do I sign up? Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, There is nothing special to do to sign up. Just sew along with us and link to a picture of what you are making. You can link to pinterest, IG, Flickr or a blog if you have one... or any place that you can show a picture online and use a URL to get to it.

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh dear another QAL that I cannot resist!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will just have to add this to all my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just checking in to see when the next block will be available! I see the day. Have a happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm super late but please count me in!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature