Beginnings Quilt Along - Part 1 Fabric Requirements

Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Are you ready to get ready? Here are the fabric and notions that you will need to follow along with the Quilt Along. The fabric requirements are approximate, I made sure that you have plenty for the borders and background but how you make up the fabrics for the blocks is up to  you. You can certainly make this quilt with scraps, and it would be adorable, so the 1/4 yds are just a suggestion.



Fabric Requirements (PDF)

13 Fat Quarters or ¼ yards (1/4 yards are cheaper if you are buying off the bolt)
½ Yard of Inner Border fabric (this includes where it has been used in blocks)
¾ yard of Outer Border fabric (this includes where it has been used in blocks)
2 yards of Background Fabric (represented by the cream solid in the picture)


Basic Tools

Rotary Cutter
Rotary Cutting Mat
6” by 24” Acrylic Ruler (or similar)
8 ½” (or larger) square acrylic ruler, I use a 12 ½”.
Seam Ripper (let’s face it we all need one some time)
Patchwork Pins (I prefer glass head)
Thread

If you are on Facebook please come over and join the group so we can all share our makes. Also as we get started please share your photos with the hashtag #beginningsqal on Instagram. Each month I will send a little prize to someone that shares their photos from the QAL. Let's start with photos of our fabrics. If you want to buy a LemonTree kit (to match the picture) they will not be available until next month. I have made a few more mock ups so you can get some other ideas for colors. I also put up some kits for order

Pink Kit

Blue Kit

Teal Kit
Cottage Kit

Harvest Kit

So as my husband likes to say "Get your poop in a group", and I will see you next week.

Love,
Julie

PS. If you leave me a comment and you don't get a reply personally that means your email is not connected to your account so I can't answer. I always answer all of my comments if I have your email :)  So if you leave a question be sure to either indicate your email address or check back for a reply on the blog.
7 comments on "Beginnings Quilt Along - Part 1 Fabric Requirements"
  1. This looks like fun. Where can I find the mock up kits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I put a link above as well but here is the link again.
    http://intrepidthread.rainadmin.com/shop/Reserved-Listings/p/Beginnings-Kits-x32099378.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the size of the quilt? It really looks like fun to make the blocks.I like the Harvest and Cottage colors but scrappy would be great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I don’t have FB or Instagram and I love this quilt how can I stay in the loop? I get your blog and have finished the three 9 patch blocks for block one. Also if you put a period (.) between katie.kates54 and add yahoo.com I can get your response.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fabric do we need for the backing? And batting? I am going shopping for everything and this is my first quilt so I am loving your detail to everything. I just don't know what to get for those. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fabric do we need for the backing? And batting? I am going shopping for everything and this is my first quilt so I am loving your detail to everything. I just don't know what to get for those. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature