Our New Block of the Month Programs

Sunday, December 4, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I bet you were wondering when we were going to announce the new Block of the Month programs for 2017. Just like last year I have been searching high and low for the perfect program and have decided to go with one pre-built BOM and two that I made up myself... Also I might have a 4th up my sleeve but I have to get the pattern in my hands first to make sure it is workable.... that one will remain TBA for now.

First We have the Urbanologie BOM created by Sew Kind Of Wonderful to use with their QCR Mini Ruler. I am so happy I went to their Schoolhouse at Market I am in love with these quilts. I love sewing curves and I promise once you learn Jenny's way you will love it too. Besides you get these amazing results:

Layout #1 =  56" by 64"



Layout #2 =  63" by 81"


Layout #3 57" by 84"


Each of the blocks in this quilt can be used to make other quilts too. Our block of the month program will allow you to choose your favorite layout from the three above and the fabrics that we send each month will be similar in style and tone to the ones you see in these examples we will use mostly solids and monotone prints (one color with black or white) for the blocks and backgrounds that are similar to what you see in the pictures. Cost will be $17.95 including shipping and will start in January and continue through December of 2017. The down payment will cover my cost of the  pattern and ruler there is also a shipping charge for the book of $3.75.. I am offering an option without the ruler in case you already have one, as well, but be aware that you can not make these blocks without the Mini Quick Curve Ruler. You can find the sign up here.

Our Second Program I am calling Zakka Project of the Month. We will make small projects in the Japanese Style of handmade small objects. Things like this little house pouch that I made at Sewtopia:



Or this cute notebook cover that I made this weekend:


We may use patterns that are separate but we will definitely use the Sew Illustrated book that this pouch came out of...

All of the materials for each project will be included each month... like zippers or purse frames... whatever is required beyond basic sewing supplies. The price will be $19.99 a month including shipping. The Sew Illustrated book and first month project will ship together in January. The sign up fee includes the book. If you already have the book you can just pay for the registration fee. You can find the sign up here.

New Info!!!!! IT's FREE!!!!! Lastly I am going to help you use your own stash with the Scrappy Stash Buster Club.  Every year almost everyone I know tells me they want to use the fabric they already have and not spend money on new fabric. This is my effort to help you with your effort. If you have been following me on Instagram you might have noticed my new obsession with planners. It is like quilting with paper. You may or may not have noticed my new found productivity. These two things go hand in hand.

This is the planner that I use:


It is not crafty specific but I love that it is a ring binder so I can add my own pages, neatly, to it.  It comes with all of those pretty monthly divider tabs and your weekly planner pages as well as month at a glance pages. It is split leather with a split leather interior and it has pockets inside the cover that I use for my cards so I can carry it around in place of my purse if I want to.

Another option is the Scrappy Project Planner by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet.

The planner has a section for planning your projects and tips and tricks for organizing your crafting. It also has quilt patterns to help you use your stash. We will not be making those in the club but they are there for you to use if you choose.

This club will include the planner, if you need one :)


Each month you will have the option to buy a kit with items to decorate your planner such as:

  • stickers
  • stamps
  • pens
  • papers
  • die cuts
  • special inserts for planning projects and organizing your stash
What you get for free: 
  • tips and tricks to sort and use your stash
  • quilter friendly recipes (more time to sew)
  • an exclusive quilt block each month
  • quilt setting examples for the quilt block each month as well as a setting for a sampler at the end of the year
 You will not receive more fabric with this club but you will receive encouragement to use your stash. This club does not have an end date so you can continue as long as you want.  You can find the planners here. If you don't want a planner and just want to sign up for the club you can click here to sign up for the newsletter. We will be starting the 3rd week of December but you can join anytime and the back issues of the newsletter will be available on a special tab on the blog.

As always I will be supporting the BOM's with exclusive newsletters each month. Payment invoices will be sent out on the 15th of each month and BOM packages will ship the 23rd of each month.




Thanks,
Julie
2 comments on "Our New Block of the Month Programs"
  1. Julie, I'm so happy to see you're going to use Sew Illustrated for a BOM next year! I worked with Minki and Kristen as their technical editor, and I just kept squealing about how cute the projects are as I worked on the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that book somany cute things to make in it.

      Delete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature