Happy Tuesday... I sewed

Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives... let's make it great one!

We are sad here at the Intrepid family that we lost one of our own to maternity (indefinite) leave... could be 5 yrs ... but we will miss her. Colleen is the one that kept us all in line, now the monkeys are going to play way too much. But, just like the monkeys, I digress... here is the little Divided Basket I made for her going away.


New Divided Basket ... I used soft and stable to make it stand up really well @noodlehead531

A little Far Far Away (she is having a boy), some Emma's Garden and a little Cori Dantini from my stash. I also put in some Soft and Stable to make it really stand up.

Speaking of Cori Dantini... This is a terrible picture but I made this cute quilt as a sample for the shop too... Cori Dantini's Merry Stitches. It is a true quilt in a day and we have kits available. It took me 6 hrs total including cutting to make the top.


As I said terrible picture... at night oh well you get the idea... here is a better picture from the pattern:


Cute right? Anyway... I am also making a patchwork back... and I might like it better than the front... so far it just has leftovers from the fabrics I cut from the front.

It is funny how traditional these look... I don't really think of it as a traditional collection but I guess it has a folk art feel to it. Still love those cute birds and Santa.

What's been happinin' in you neck of the woods?
9 comments on "Happy Tuesday... I sewed"
  1. okay,
    now I have to ask:
    did you use Annie's soft and stable?
    A german friend just happen to ask me about it yesterday, and I never heard about it...
    do you carry it in you shop?

    lovely basket.
    I should make one, too.
    another item I already added to my never ending to do list months ago.
    Sigh.
    And I am so behind with the BOM.
    super sigh.

    I wish my days had 48 hours, and I would reserve 24 hours for quilting and sewing alone....

    Greetings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love me a little Cori Dantini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Christmas panels! Happy maternity leave to Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie!! pretty bag and such a cute quilt! I haven't been ignoring you, but for some reason I quit getting your posts (along with other blogs I follow, but magically, they are coming through again!!) Have a wonderful week!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty basket and I really love your quilt ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will miss Colleen! She's the best! Her kids are very lucky to have such a great Mommie! Best of luck Colleen!!!hugs, MG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable basket, love the mix of fabrics. Best to Colleen - at least she's leaving for the best reason ever "b.a.b.y" :) Glad you got to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very beautiful, i love its fabric and design. She's best in sewing, this basket showing her expertise. A great effort by her, just keep doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the bag and fabric.
    Those Christmas panels do have a folk art look. Too cute

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature