The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along and "C" Blocks.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Have you been bitten by the bug to join The Farmer's Wife Quilt Long?

Block 1

Block 2
I swore I wasn't going to do it (I need a long term project like a fresh hole in the head) but I jumped anyway. I am using a combo of Weekends by Erin McMorris, scraps, and Kona cotton. My first scraps are Midwest Modern of course :) I decided to add a bit of challenge, I am not going to use white in the blocks. For me that is a huge challenge because I love white. I am hoping that in the end I will be able to do the setting (lattice) with white. We shall see how that works out :)

I also finished up the "C" blocks for Alphabet Sampler Quilt Along my guild is doing.


The top two are "Colored Wheel" and the bottom two are "Cain and Abel" ... on to the D blocks :)

I hope you all had a chance to do some sewing lately... but I know how summer time is... so whatever you are doing I hope it makes you happy.

Talk soon!
9 comments on "The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along and "C" Blocks."
  1. I am just not brave enough to start anything like this, but I am loving seeing how everyone is getting on with theirs. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do more piecing, but first I have to finish what I started;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your FW blocks!!! And beautiful "C" blocks!!! I love seeing the traditional and modern fabric versions =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The no white, but white sashing idea sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been seeing lots of Farmer's Wife blocks in blogland. I just placed an order at Connecting Threads since they are having a solids/thread sale and it was all I could do to keep the book out of my shopping cart! I do have a birthday coming up in September and that book along with Modern Log Cabin and Fun Fresh Treats are on my list:)

    Your blocks look great! I can't wait to see a FW quilt finished and all the blocks together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Alphabet Samplet quilt along blocks looks great. I love the fabrics that you used. I am currently working on 6 different quilts and I keep telling myself that I will not join another quilt along. But of course I just joined another one this past Sunday. Oh well, I know I will not be disappointed in the end. I will be checking out the Farmer's Wife quilt along in a few minutes. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My bucket list contains one thing.. to do a quilt!! haha. I do have plenty of scraps so maybe ONE DAY!! love all the greens in those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been trying VERY HARD not to join that quilt-along, but everyone's blocks are looking so good! I just might cave...

    I love the fabrics you've chosen, and I can't wait to see your progess on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will never get sick of looking at someone else's FWSQ blocks. Rock on girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature