Quilt Alongs....

Thursday, July 7, 2011
HI Everyone,

I know you haven't heard much from me this week.
I started a quilt along with my Modern Quilt Guild I showed you a couple of the blocks on Saturday. Above are some of the fabrics cut out to make my next two blocks... the "B" blocks. Below are all four of the "A" blocks that I have made.
The top ones are "Alaska Homestead" the bottom ones are "Algonquin Charm". I have a special love for anything that is a variation of a Churn Dash or a Farmer's Daughter block... these both fit the bill.

I so want to start the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along but I am just too afraid that I am so far behind. Maybe I will do it anyway.

Have you started any new quilt alongs lately?

Come back tomorrow for Friday Fun Day and the newest Giveaway (I promise you don't want to miss this one.)
8 comments on "Quilt Alongs...."
  1. No new quilt alongs since I'm doing both Birdie Stitches and Embroidery 101. Farmer's Wife is tempting me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks!! I was thinking about doing the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along too. I bought the book, but I haven't started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my book in the mail yesterday and printed off the templates for the first 8 blocks I want to make. I'm 6 or 7 weeks behind, whatever the blogger QAL is on - but I don't mind. Its def. a "do whenever you want" type of project - so start now, start later, whatever :) I'll be starting this weekend with luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just getting ready to start the Farmers Wife quilt along, so you won't be alone if you start this one. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the Farmer's Wife book for over a year. I just can't decide what fabric to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hand piecing my blocks for the FWS Quilt Along and have only finished 3 so you can catch up with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Algonquin Charm blocks - those are gorgeous!
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm currently in the middle of one quilt a long. And I am going to tackle another one but I am already behind on that one. and also another one which is done and gone now but I am a later starter. I need to build up my scrap stash before I can do that one.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature