A little art work and the "B" blocks

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did this little mixed media art girl for a friend. It kind of looks like her and she has encouraged me to do more of these pieces but this is the first time in about 3 months that I have had time to make one. She reads my blog so I want to see if she can guess it is for her. It will have to wait to dry for a week or two before I can wrap it up and ship it off to her though. Even though she appreciates my art, this is about her art being appreciated (she has had some big kuddos lately). No more hints. :)

Here is my latest progress on the Alphabet Quilt Along my "B" blocks...

Top are Baton Rouge and bottom are Broken Dishes Variation. Next comes Cain and Abel and Colored Wheel. I am having more fun with this quilt along than I thought I would. I think it might be because I get to pick my own blocks and fabrics. It is really keeping me going.

Hope your Sunday is peaceful and blessed.

Talk soon...
10 comments on "A little art work and the "B" blocks"
  1. I love your mixed media piece, really beautiful work.
    I like the blocks in your quilt along. I tried one and never got it finished, I am bad with finishing lately;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, this is beautiful. and i love what it says...what quilter/fabric artist/artist anywhere would not like to know her art is appreciated? lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mixed media piece is beautiful!!!! I love it!! I think this is the first one posted on the new blog? I wondered if you were going to keep making them =D
    I love the fabrics you picked for your quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mixed media art piece...I definitely think that they are unique and so versatile. Have you ever thought of offering a tutorial? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is gorgeous... you just have to make more of those!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with all the other great comments. And, I'm always pleased to hear that one quilter has encouraged another quilter to pursue a particular form of art, as your friend did with you. We often need encouragement, appreciation and acknowledgment so that we can grow in our creativity.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friend is lucky indeed, beautiful! You are truly multi-talented, such loveliness in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking about your mixed media piece all day long. It is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us before it goes to its new home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your mixed media piece too! I think you're going to need to do a tutorial :) I missed part of the quilt a long, why do you have two different colorways for the blocks? I love both, and recognize Ruby as one, but what is the other colorway? Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your mixed media art; I am sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature