Declaring "I am awesome and so are you!" day and another winner WOOT!

Sunday, January 8, 2012
Hi Everyone,

As busy mom's (yes, I know there are men reading too but you don't suffer from this as much as women so you have to bear with me here), wives, business women, workers, girl Fridays...what have you, we can sometimes get down on ourselves. We always have guilt that we don't spend enough time with our children, that we messed them up so bad that they will never turn into productive adults, that we can't concentrate at work because yada yada at home it going on... I am declaring it is "You are awesome" day!



This is the day when you give yourselves a break! Your kids aren't going to graduate high school in diapers! They will some how manage to live with their dysfunctional childhood just like we all did. Not only that you have done an awesome job just by getting them to school today with their PB&J sandwich. You get to take a break because you have done everything right this morning (no really, you did). Today everything you have done or will do is just what was supposed to happen and it will all turn out perfectly! Every time you have a thought that something went wrong turn it around and say "That was perfect!"

Not only that... you are not fat today. You don't need to lose weight you are perfect just the way you are! You aren't too skinny either, perfect remember? Don't beat yourself up over that extra piece of chocolate today because it is helping you to maintain your perfection :)

If any of your friends says I need to lose weight tell them how perfect they are. Even better write a tiny little note to at least two friends today to tell them how perfect they are. How much you love them and wouldn't change a thing about them. Be sincere, they will appreciate it :)

Go forth and be awesome... and pass it on!

The third winner of the 400th post giveaway gets this:

Good Fortune fat 1/8ths ... Mr. Random said:

And number 146 was:

Mimi said...
I love Kate Spain's fabric!! Thanks for the chance!

41 comments on "Declaring "I am awesome and so are you!" day and another winner WOOT!"
  1. You are awesome Julie!!! And thanks for the reminder that the rest of are too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! WOOT! HOT STUFF! Shake it 'til you break it, mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pat on the back. It was just what I needed after the gone all wrong day I had yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Thanks for an uplifting post...and you are awesome, too, my friend! Happy hugs to you from SC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome - and congratulations to MIMI - who is awesome too!!! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I needed that (after dropping of my toddler and hearing him cry as I leave)!! You are truly awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so perfect...and I so needed this today! Thank you for being you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect! I really love that you did this post, Julie! Also, I saw you are in Stash Bee with me... YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. seriously? am i on candid camera? you just replayed my day!! thank you for the affirmation. you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the pep talk!! I really feel awesome and I will send a note to a few people to let them know that they are perfect... such a great idea!!
    I am also on cloud nine with winning this fabulous giveaway... I am feeling super special today!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Thanks, I know I needed it! :) And you are awesome too. Congrats to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post! Thank you!! Congrats too, to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT post today. Of course, I'm awesome. I am friends with you, aren't I? That makes us all pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are awesome and so am I. Yay!
    Congrats to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. By gosh, we ARE all awesome! Thanks for reminding us!

    Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your post and will pass it on to my oldest daughter who is the 29 year old first time mom of a 14 month old, full time nursing student, working full time as a CNA, the 11-7 shift. She is awesome. She is an awesome mom.

    Thank you for this post. You are awesome.

    Congratulations Mimi. Happy Quilting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol, that made me laugh. When my kids complain about how I raised them, I remind them of how bad I had it, lol;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. sigh... you do rock! thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Julie. Sometimes we really need to hear that because let's face it, usually you only hear complaints when something isn't right at home. You don't usually get too much praise. At least I don't. Sometimes it's nice to know we're OK.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, what a fab idea! Seems like the prefect day to do my PIF posts then :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Julie, I needed to hear this today, now I'm going to take your advice and send a note to my friends and tell them how beautiful and perfect they are. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Julie! We have recently coined a saying at my house: "It is a Good Day to be Leslie!!" I hope today is also a Good Day to be Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You ARE awesome Julie! And I may have yelled it much louder had my name been the winner of that awesome fabric but you're still awesome either way. HA

    besides you said I'm not fat today so you moved right to the top of my 'like' list for the day. HA

    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the post,you`re AWESOME!

    Congrats Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the lovely, feelgood post. Made my day! Hugs, Sandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome yes! Great, wonderful, fabulous, amazing - we're all those things! But not perfect, I'm afraid! NO ONE is perfect! I was taught that only God is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I *am* awesome! Thanks for the reminder, even though my coffee boiled over in the microwave and I poured boiling water on my hand making oatmeal this morning. The rest of the day has to get better thanks to my awesomeness! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lovely post from a lovely person!

    ReplyDelete
  29. :) Thanks, it's nice to have some encouraging words from time to time. We all need to be easier on ourselves. Have a groovy day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved your post! Congratulations Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are awesome Julie! You are right... we all need to be reminded once in a while. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh, i soooo needed that at this moment- thank you so much, and my friend, YOU are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are AWESOME! Great post. Just what I needed to hear today.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, how much fun! I didn't see this until bed time, so can tomorrow be my Awesome day? I could really use one! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature