Christmas Table Runner Tutorial

Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Hi Everyone,

If you have been a subscriber to my newsletter you are well acquainted with my guest today. Brooke is the Queen of quick fun pieced projects. Whenever I need to make a gift in a short amount of time I look for a project from her. It is no secret that I love Winter's Lane and I had grand plans for it but alas no time to execute them. So this project is near and dear to my heart... everyone on my Christmas gift list is getting one. PS. Winter's Lane is on sale right now :)

--------------------------------------------



Winter’s Lane Table Runner Project



Hello, Brooke here from http://www.sillymamaquilts.com .  I fell in love with this new fabric line called Winter’s Lane by Kate and Birdie Paper Co.  this project uses fat quarters with linen borders.  This would be a great way to get a jump on the holiday sewing!
 


Supplies:

5 fat quarters of Winter’s Lane
½ yard of linen
½ yard of backing fabric and batting



I started with fussy cutting the tree print into 4.25 x 6 rectangles
 

I cut 3 inch strips from all of the remaining fabrics.



I sewed 3 inch strips to frame each tree on two sides as seen in the photo.
 

3 inch strip with birds on branches in between each unit, alternate direction of branches for table runner



Cut 4 inch strips from off white linen for borders


 
I did some narrow curvy line quilting in the blocks and


meandering in the border.


 
I decided to have the red print in the opposing corners and then the taupe tree print for the rest of the binding.  I really love how it turned out.



The finished size is about 15 x 48.
Hope you have enjoyed this project!  Happy sewing!

-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Brooke!  This is totally awesome. I love how there are right side up trees on both sides of the runner so both sides of the table get to see them :)

Hope you have fun with this!

See you tomorrow.

11 comments on "Christmas Table Runner Tutorial"
  1. Beautiful runner and a gorgeous line! Thank you Brooke for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific! Want to try it as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table runner. I do love this fabric line myself. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tablerunner, thanks so much for the tutorial!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome........ i need to work on this . for my bundle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just helped my daughter make a cute little back back for her toddler. Sure enjoyed that sewing time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow the Intrepid Thread on FB. Merry Christmas from Oklahoma, USA.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature