The Cottage Christmas Quilt Along Final Post - Kinda

Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Hey Everyone,

As usual the world got in the way this week. So I didn't actually get my blocks finished yet. I did come by to tell you all how to finish the Lap Quilt if you want to do it like mine... of course you can do whatever you want :)

 I am sure that you figured this out but just in case. You will sew two rows of cross and crown and star crossed blocks together then sew them to the one tree block on the top and the two tree blocks on the bottom.

I used 1 1/2" strips (to finish at 1") for the inner border, and 2 1/2" strips (to finish at 2") for the outer border. Sewn end to end then cut to size. I am going to use the left over small pieces of assorted fabrics to make a binding.

If you are making The Table Runner I designed it to have 1 1/2" strips for the border making them 1" finished. This is different from the way that Brooke finished hers. So if you bought the kit just know that there is only enough of the Minerva in Red to make 1" borders.

Sally is quilting her Bed Runner as I write this (over achiever) and she finished it the same way I designed it but used different fabric for the border. So you can look at her post for that info.

I hope you will all share on social media or through email when you are finished. I would love to see it.

Love,
Julie

2 comments on "The Cottage Christmas Quilt Along Final Post - Kinda"
  1. This is great! Thank You and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! Thank you for hosting. I am not an over achiever...mine will have to go on next years' agenda because it's super cute and I wanna make it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature